|Tuttle Publishing, Year: 2019
|ISBN 10 :
|ISBN 13 :
|page Number :
|file size :
Container Succulents is the perfect book for container gardening beginners who don’t have a lot of space to work with. The beautiful photographs of succulent decor are sure to inspire your inner gardener, interior designer and all-around house plant lover.
Learn how to care for and display individual succulent varieties, or get creative with groupings that combine multiple plants with complementary colors, shapes and sizes. Whether you prefer a garden that is simple or intricate, this book covers all the basics of container selection and succulent care to ensure healthy plants.
This book shows you how to:
• Use the colors and textures of your containers to enhance the tones and textures of the succulents to create stunning visual combinations
• Repurpose old cans and kitchenware to create interesting and healthy new homes for your succulents
• Use unconventional and openwork containers (like an antique birdcage) to add a new dimension to a composition
• Plant succulents in antique urns and pedestals for a touch of the unexpected
• Use traditional planters and baskets to create interesting design effects
• Create attractive soil surfaces and use cuttings to create original arrangements
• And much more!
Each arrangement includes a “floor plan” showing you how to mix the colors, shapes and textures in ways that are pleasing to the eye and healthy for the plants. A reference guide to over 120 succulent varieties explains the different plants’ characteristics to help you create compatible groupings.
Even succulent beginners can get involved in this low-maintenance gardening trend. With the help of this inspirational guide, anyone can have a beautiful succulent garden in no time at all!