Fil Hunter, Steven Biver, Paul Fuqua, Robin Reid
|ISBN 10 :||0367860279|
|ISBN 13 :|
|page Number :||336|
|file size :||38 MB|
Photographic lighting is a topic that will never go out of style, no matter how sophisticated cameras and other technology get. Even with the most high-tech gear, photographers still need to put a lot of thought and vision into lighting their photographs in order to get great results. Mastering this key skill has the power to dramatically and quickly improve your photographs as well as your efficiency.
Light―Science & Magic provides you with a comprehensive theory of the nature and principles of light, with examples and instructions for practical application. Featuring photographs, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions, this book speaks to photographers of varying levels. It provides invaluable information on how to light the most difficult subjects, such as surfaces, metal, glass, liquids, extremes (black-on-black and white-on-white), and portraits.
This new edition includes:
• Expanded chapters on portraiture and lighting equipment
• Chapters on necessary equipment when working on location versus in the studio
• An updated appendix of reliable photo gear sources
• Over 100 new photographs and informational sidebars
• Updated information about advances in flash equipment, LED panels, and fluorescent lights
Lighting styles will evolve, but the science of light will always remain the same. Once photographers understand the basic physics of lighting (without having to become physicists), they can apply that knowledge to a broad range of photographic styles.