|ISBN 10 :||1465414398|
|ISBN 13 :||9781465414397|
|page Number :||400|
|file size :||188 MB|
Discover everything you need to transform your empty plot into a stunning garden oasis with this gardening encyclopedia.
This horticultural gem includes more than 2,000 recommendations from gardening experts and features valuable information and advice to expand on your gardening ideas.
Planning your garden has never been this easy with this informative planting guide that every gardener needs on their bookshelf. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
• Includes planting suggestions for over 30 types of sites, from notoriously dry ground by a hedge or fence to cracks in walls or paving
• Explains how to assess site and soil, and presents a stunning range of plant partners and planting schemes
• Includes a comprehensive range of more than 3,000 plants organized by size and situation
• Simple recipes show you how to create beautiful beds, borders and garden designs
• A “Special Effects” section helps you find plants with fragrant, colorful or architectural properties and offers solutions to common gardening problems and pests, like slugs, rabbits and deer
Whether you have a small urban garden or sprawling acres of land, this gardening guide will help you every step of the way to create your garden masterpiece! You’ll discover a wealth of information on sections like which plants thrive in shady spots or whittle away in bright sunny areas, or “Special Effects” themes like Asian or Greek-inspired garden designs.
The Encyclopedia of Garden Plants for Every Location is produced in association with the Smithsonian Institution, whose Smithsonian’s Gardens creates and manages the Smithsonian’s outdoor gardens, interiorscapes, and horticulture-related collections and exhibits.
Your dream garden is within reach thanks to this helpful gardening reference book, perfect for gardeners looking to make the most out of their plot.